- Coriander seeds – 1/2 cup
- Red chili – 1 or 2
- Garlic – 2
- Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Oil – 1 tspn
- Dry roast Coriander seeds till golden brown. Add Red chili and Garlic. Fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Let it cool. Then grind it along with Curry leaves, Tamarind and Salt.
- Dry grind it into fine powder. Then add water and grind it into a fine paste.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering, add curry leaves and the ground paste.
- Fry till it becomes thick.
Goes well with: Rice, variety rice