- Kovakkai( Ivy gourd)- 12 to 16
- Small onion- 7 to 10
- Red chili- 3
- Grated coconut- 3 spoons
- Chili powder- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Oil- 4 to 6 spoons
- Salt- as required
- Clean and cut the Ivy guard(Kovakkai) in to round shapes.
- Semi grind Red chilies, Coconut and Onion without any water.
- Mix well the Kovakkai with ground paste, Turmeric powder, Red chili powder and Salt.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add the Kovakkai in low flame and fry for a minute. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Once in a while open the lid and fry it to make sure that Kovakkai and the ground masala is not burnt.
- Do this till the Kovakkai is cooked.
Goes well with: Rice