- Rice – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Dry ginger powder (sukku) – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for preparing dosa
- Soak Rice and Dal together for 2 hrs.
- Grind them together and make a batter, but don’t grind very nicely. Add Salt and leave the batter for overnight to ferment.
- Next day before using, add Curry leaves, Pepper powder, Cumin powder, Dry ginger powder and mix well.
- Prepare thick dosa using the batter. Allow to cook both sides.
- This dosa is given at perumal temples as prasadam.