- Idly batter – 3 cups
- Small onion – 30
- Green chili – 2
- Curry leaves – 3 or 4 sprigs
- Coriander leaves – 4 sprigs
- Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
- Channa dal( Kadala paruppu) – 3 tspn
- Oil and Salt- as required
- Finely chop Onion, Green chili, Curry leaves and Coriander leaves.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds and Channa dal, fry till Channa dal turns into light brown in color.
- Then add Onion, Green chili and Curry leaves, fry till the Onion becomes light brown color.
- Allow the fried items to cool. Add these fried items, Salt and Coriander leaves to the Idly batter and mix well.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, leave few drops of Oil in each hole, and then pour the batter in each hole carefully.
- Keep the stove in low flame. Once the paniyaram is cooked on that side, turn it to the other side carefully.Cook till its done.
Goes well with: Chutney