Deepavali Diwali special recipes
Maida cake or Maida biscuit – This is how we call this dish, even though this dish doesn’t look or taste like cakes and biscuits. It can be prepared either sweet or spicy. This tasty snack can be prepared in less time and can be stored in air-tight container up to 3 or 4 weeks. But the taste of this snack will empty the container in minutes.
- All purpose flour(Maida) – 1 cup
- Chili powder – 1 tbspn
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 or 2 tspns
- Mix All purpose flour and Salt in a mixing bowl. Add water and start kneading till it turns into firm and soft dough.
- Make dough into round shape and apply Oil over the dough.
- Divide the dough into lemon size balls.
- Roll each ball into flat and round shaped sheets. Apply flour if the dough sticks while rolling.
- Cut them into small squares using a knife and deep fry them in oil till golden brown.
Store them in air-tight container.