- Maida or All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 3/4 cup
- Onion – 1/2
- Green Chili – 2
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 3 spoons
- Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
- Pepper powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water – 3 to 4 cups
- Oil and Salt
- Finely chop Onion,Green chilies and Coriander leaves. Keep them aside.
- Mix maida and rice flour with 3 to 4 cups of water and mix thoroughly without any lumps. The consistency of the batter should be watery.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Green chilies and Onion. Fry til Onion turns into golden brown. Remove from heat and add this to the batter.
- Add chopped Coriander leaves, Curry leaves, Salt and Pepper powder to the batter.
- Heat dosa pan. Season the dosa pan with little oil and rub it with a onion or a paper towel. Once the pan is hot enough, pour a ladle full of batter onto the pan evenly. It may be difficult to spread the batter. So pour a thin layer of batter all over the pan evenly and spread a little.
- Pour 1 or 2 tspns of oil along the edges of the dosa. Once the underside of the dosa turns golden brown, flip it to the other side. Once it is cooked on both sides, remove from the pan and serve hot.
Goes well with: Chutney