- Idly/Dosa Batter – Dosa batter should be thinner than Idly batter. So add 1/2 or 1 cup of water to the Idly batter and make it thinner.
Masala filling: (For 3 dosas)
- Onion – 1 (Medium size)
- Potato – 1 (Medium size)
- Green Chili – 1 or 2
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 or 2 tspn
- Finely chop Onion and Green chilies. Peel and cut Potato into cubes.
- Boil or pressure cook potatoes till they are tender.
- Heat 1 or 2 tspn of Oil in a pan. Add Green chilies and Onion, fry till they are golden brown.
- Add Cooked potatoes and saute it for 2 minutes and mash the potatoes partially with spatula.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Coriander powder, Salt and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and remove from heat. Now the masala filling is ready.
- Heat a Dosa pan and season it with little Oil. Once the pan is hot enough, pour a ladle full of batter and spread it circularly.
- Place the masala filling in one half of the dosa and press it with a spatula. Leave a tspn of Oil around the edges of dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked on that side, flip it to the other side carefully. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Reverse it again carefully, fold the dosa in the middle, remove from pan and serve.