- Chickpeas – 1 cup (soak overnight and then cook)
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cumin seeds – 1/2tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilli – 3 to 4 ( cut lengthwise)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Fenugreek leaves – 1 cup (cleaned & washed)
- Channa masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tamarind paste – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Salt – to taste
- Oil/ghee – 1 tbsp
- Soak Chickpeas overnight and then cook till they are tender.
- Heat Ghee in a pan and add Cinnamon, Cumin seeds, Fenugreek seeds. Then add Green chilli and Ginger, fry for 1 or 2 minutes. Then add Fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Add Channa masala powder, Turmeric powder, Hing, Salt and mix well. Then add Tomatoes and fry well.
- Add cooked Chickpeas and a cup of water, leave this to boil for 5 minutes. Then add Tamarind paste, mix well and cook for another 5minutes.
- Now add Garam masala powder and allow the gravy to thicken. Finally add coriander leaves.
Goes well with: Chapati, Poori, Rotis.