- Green gram dal – 1 cup
- Fenugreek leaves (Vendhaya keerai) – 1 bunch
- Mango – 1 (medium, Unripe)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Hing – 3 to 4 pinches
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 3/4 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 3/4 tspn
- Dry red chili – 2
- Oil – 2 tspn
- Pluck Fenugreek leaves and wash them. Cut Mango into small cubes. Wash dal. Keep all this aside.
- Add Fenugreek leaves, Mango, Dal, Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Hing and 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Cook them for 1 whistle.
- Once the steam is released from the cooker, open the lid, add Salt and mix all the ingredients together.
- For tampering: Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Cumin seeds. Once the seeds starts spluttering, add Red chilies and fry for few seconds, then pour this to the dal mix.
Goes well with: White rice