- Rice – 1 cup
- Methi leaves(Fenugreek leaves/Vendhaya keerai) – 1½ cup
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cloves – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2 (chopped)
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Steam Rice with Salt in a cooker and allow it to cool.
- Heat Ghee in a pan. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Cumin seeds and allow them to splutter, then add Ginger garlic paste, Green chilli and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add Methi leaves and fry for a min. Now add Onion, Tomato, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder and salt one by one, fry till the raw smell goes. Then remove from heat.
- Keep the Rice in low heat. Add the prepared methi gravy to the Rice and mix well.
- Leave it in low heat for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
Goes well with: Raita, Papad, Potato Curry.