- Mixed Beans – 3/4 cup (Combination of Green split peas, Chana dal, Small Red beans, Baby lima beans, Black eyed peas, Black and white chickpeas or any beans of your choice)
- Onion – 3/4 cup
- Green chili – 2 (or to your taste)
- Coriander leaves – 3 to 5 sprigs (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprig
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Hing – 3 to 4 pinches
- Pepper – 1/4 tspn (or to your taste)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – to deep fry
- Soak the mixed beans for 2 hours. Then grind them to coarse by adding very little water. The ground vada mix should be thick enough to make vadas. So be careful while adding water.
- Finely chop Onion, Green chilies, Coriander leaves, Curry leaves and add this to the ground beans.
- Add Fennel seeds, Hing, Salt and Pepper to it. Mix well.
- Heat enough oil in a pan. Once the Oil is hot enough, take a small amount of the mix in your left palm, shape them into round vada and drop them gently into hot oil.
- Deep fry them till they are golden brown on both sides by turning once in a while. Then remove from heat and drain them on paper towels.
Goes well with: Chutney