- Mochai – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Masala powder – 1½ spoon
- Mustard and urad dal – 1 tspn
- Grated coconut – 3 spn
- Fennel seeds – ½ tspn
- Salt – required
- Soak Mochai overnight.
- Pressure cook Mochai in the morning.
- Heat a pan, add 2 to 3 tspns of Oil.
- Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. After it gets spluttered, add Curry leaves and Onion.
- Fry Onion till it becomes golden brown in color. Then add Tomatoes for some time till it becomes soft.Then add Turmeric powder, Masala powder and the required Salt.
- Fry for some time. Let the raw smell go. Then add the cooked Mochai into the curry.
- Add the required Water. Cook the curry for some time till it becomes thick. In the mean time grind Coconut and Fennel seeds with water. Squeeze the Coconut milk into the curry. Let the curry cook for few minutes.
Serve with hot Rice.