- Curd- 1 cup
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal- 1/4 tsp
- Small onion-8 to 10
- Curry leaves- few
- Turmeric power- 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprigs
- Oil and Salt- as required
- Red gram dal(Toor dal)- 1½ spoon
- Raw rice- 1½ spoon
- Red chili- 2
- Fry Red gram dal, Raw rice for 2 minutes in low flame and then soak it for 1/2 hour.
- Grind the soaked Red gram dal, Raw rice and Red chilies with Water.
- Prepare Butter milk by beating Curd with water in blender or using hand whisk. Keep this aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and fry till it splutters. Then add Oinon and Curry leaves, fry till it turns into golden brown.
- Add the Ground items(prepared in step 2), Butter milk, Turmeric powder, Cumin powder and Salt. Once it cooked add Coriander leaves. (Dont allow to boil)
Goes Well with: Rice with papadam.