- Egg – 2
- Tamarind – Gooseberry size
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Onion – 1
- Turmeric powder -a pinch
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon(Adjust according to your spice level)
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Hard boil the egg for 15 minutes. Soak the Tamarind in water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the shell of hard boiled egg and slit it with a knife in 3 to 4 places so that curry can get into the egg. Keep this aside.
- Extract the tamarind juice from the soaked tamarind.
- Heat 2 to 3 teaspns of oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves, fry till it splutters.
- Add Onion and fry till it turns into golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, Cumin powder, Coriander powder,Chili powder and fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add the extracted tamarind juice, a cup of water, sugar and salt to taste.
- Once the curry starts boiling, add the boiled egg to it and keep the stove in medium heat.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the oil separates and curry is thick.
Goes well with: Rice