- Mutton or Lamb – 350 grams
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cloves – 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion – 1/2 (medium)
- Green Chili – 3 to 4
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Curd(thick) – 4tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 to 1 tspn (adjust to your taste)
- Coriander powder – 1 tspn
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tspn
Grind and make a paste of:
- Poppy seeds – 1 tspn
- Cashew nuts – 4 (whole)
- Coconut – 4 tspns
- Wash and cut mutton into small cubes. Chop Onion and Green chili length-wise. Keep this aside.
- Grind and make a fine paste of Poppy seeds, Cashew nuts and Coconut.
- Heat a tspn of Oil in a pressure cooker. Add Cinnamon, Cloves and Bay leaf, saute till it turns into light brown.
- Add Onion and saute till it turns into light brown. Add Ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Then add cut Mutton pieces, Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Coriander powder, Garam masala powder, Ground paste, Curd, Salt and 1 cup of water.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Serve once the steam is released from the cooker.