- Okra(vendaikkai) – 2 cups(cut into round shape)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Hing – 2 to 3 pinches
- Chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 to 2 cups(to deep fry okra)
- Heat Oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot enough, add Okra and deep fry till it turns into golden brown.
- Beat the curd and keep aside. If the curd is thick, then add little water and beat well.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Urad dal. Once it splutters, add Curry leaves, Hing and Chili powder, fry this for less than a minute.
- Pour this mix to the beaten Curd and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Mix the deep fried Okra to the Curd just before serving so that the Okra will be crispy when you eat.
Goes well with: Rice