- Onion – 2
- Green Chilli – 3 (Adjust to your spice level)
- Garlic – 3 to 4
- Ginger – a small piece
- Hing – a small piece or 1/4 tspn
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Green Chili, Ginger, Garlic and fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add Onion and fry till it turns light brown.
- Then add Hing, Tamarind and Curry leaves. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture cools, add Salt and grind it into a coarse paste.
- Heat a tspn of Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering add Curry leaves and ground chutney. Fry till you get the right consistency and remove from heat.