Deepavali Diwali special recipes
- Onion – 1/2
- Potato – 1(small one)
- Bitter guard – 1
- Gram flour(kadalai mavu) – 1 cup
- Hing – a pinch
- Red chili powder – 1 spoon
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1/2 to 1 cup(to deep fry)
- Cut Onion into lengthwise. Cut Potato and Bitter guard into round shapes. Keep them aside.
- Mix Gram flour, Chili powder, Hing and Salt in a bowl.
- Add sufficient water to make a thick batter of pouring consistency(more like idly/dosa batter consistency).
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot enough, dip the Vegetables(Onion, Potato, Bitter guard) fully into the batter and drop it into the hot oil.
- Deep fry them till it turns into golden brown color.