- Whole wheat flour(sifted) – 1¼ Cups
- All purpose flour(sifted) – 1¼ Cups
- Light Brown Sugar – ¼ Cup
- White Sugar – ¾ Cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – ¾ Cup
- Baking soda – 1½ teaspoon
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1½ Cups
- Oil – ¼ Cup
- Egg – 1 large
- Grated Orange peel – 3 spoons
- Vanilla extract – 1½ teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl.Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not over stir.
- Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin pan. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
This yields 10-12 cup cakes.
(This recipe is adopted from ‘The Complete Muffin CookBook by Gloria Ambrosia’ and has undergone slight changes.)