- Spinach – 225 grams or a bunch
- Paneer – 250gms
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (cut lengthwise)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder – 2 tspn (Adjust with your spice level)
- Trumeric powder – 1 pinch
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 medium (pureed)
- water – 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Chop Onion and Green chili into small pieces. Grind Spinach with little water in blender and make a paste. Keep all this aside.
- Heat Ghee in a deep pan, fry Paneer cubes till they are golden brown. Remove them and keep aside.
- Heat Ghee in the same pan. Add Cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add Onion and Green chili, fry till Onion turns into golden brown.
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder, Garam masala powder and Sal. Fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add Tomato puree and cook for 5 mins. Add Spinach paste and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Then add Paneer cubes, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Then add water and cook for 5 to 7 minutes in medium heat .
- Finally garnish with butter flakes.
Goes well with: White rice, Chapathi, Roti