- Small onion- 10
- Onion- 1/2
- Green chili- 2
- Cumin seeds- 3/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprigs
For making batter:
- Raw rice- 1 cup
- Idly rice- 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal- 1/4 cup
- Soak all the batter ingredients together for 2 to 3 hrs and make a thick batter (like idly batter).
- Add Salt and allow the batter to ferment for overnight in a warm place. It may take up to 6 to 8 hours to ferment.
- Finely chop the Small and big onion, Green chilli, Curry leaves and Coriander leaves.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal, once it splutters add Cumin seeds and Green chilli, fry till the chili become lightly white in color.
- Then add the small and big onion fry for a minute.
- Pour the fried items, Curry leaves and Coriander leaves to the batter and add some more Salt if required.
- Heat the paniyaram pan, leave few drops of Oil in each hole, and then pour the batter in each hole carefully.
- Keep the stove in low flame. Once the paniyaram is cooked on that side, turn it to the other side carefully.Cook till its done.