- Maida or All-purpose flour – 4 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Water – As needed
- Mix Maida, Sugar, Salt and Baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add water and oil, knead till it turns into soft dough.
- Keep it covered for 6 to 7 hrs.
- After that, Take a lemon size ball from the dough & roll it flat like chapathi.
- Fold that chapathi like saree pleats, then roll it from one end to the other end & apply a spoon of oil on it.
- Then roll it flat like poori. Prepare all the dough like this.
- Heat a tawa. Roast both sides of parotta by adding a tsp of oil.
- Remove it from heat & press it around the edeges.