- Greengram dal – 1/4 cup
- Rice – 1/4 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Hing – 3 to 4 pinches
- Salt – to taste
- Dry roast Greengram dal till it becomes light brown.
- Semi grind Cumin seeds and garlic.
- Wash roasted Greengram dal and Rice in water.
- Add Greengram dal, Rice, ground Cumin seeds and Garlic, Hing, Salt and 2 cups of Water in a pressure cooker.Cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Once the pressure is released, open the cooker, mash all the ingredients together, add enough water and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Goes well with: Thuvayal