- Peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 1
- Cumin seeds (seeragam) – 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Chilli powder – 1 tspn
- Coriander powder (malli thool) – ½ spoon
- Coconut – 3 spoons
- Oil, Salt – As required
- Cut Onion and Tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Cumin, one Onion and fry till the raw smell of onion goes.
- Once the raw smell of onion goes, add Tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
- Then add Turmeric powder, Chili powder and Coriander powder and fry.
- Finally add Grated coconut and fry for some time. Keep this mix aside.
- Once it cools off, grind all these items in a blender and keep it aside.
- Again heat Oil in a pan. Add the remaining Onions and fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Then add the grounded mix and Salt. Fry this for sometime.
- Finally add Green peas with water and cook for sometime.
Goes well with: Chapathi or Rice.