- Basmati rice – 2 cup
- Peas – 1/2 cup (soak for 8 hrs and then cook in cooker)
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cardamom – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 medium (cut lengthwise)
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Salt -taste
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 3
- Mint leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Grind and make a paste of Green chilli, Mint leaves, Coriander leaves and Coconut.
- Heat Oil and Ghee in a pan. Add Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger garlic paste.
- Then add Onion, cooked Peas and Salt.
- Now add ground paste to it and cook till the raw smell goes. Then add Rice and 3 cups of water. Mix well and cook in a cooker.
- Once its cooked, remove from heat add lemon juice and combine well.
Goes well with: Raita.