- Peerkangai (Ridge guard)– 2
- PasiParuppu (GreenGramDhal) – ¼ cup
- Onion – ½
- Masala powder – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder and hing – a pinch
- Curry leaves-few
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Salt and oil- As required
- Remove the outer skin of Peekangai(Ridge guard) and cut into small pieces.
- Mix Peerkangai,Green gram dhal, Turmeric powder, Hing, Masala powder and 2 tspn of oil in a pan.
- Cook the above mix by adding the required Water in the pan.
- Once its cooked add the required Salt and remove from heat.
- Heat Oil in another pan, add mustard seeds, Urad dhal, Curry leaves and Onion. Once the Onion turns into golden brown, add the cooked Peerkangai dhal into this. Fry this mix for a minute or 2, then remove from heat.
Goes well with: Hot Rice