- Chicken – 2 lbs
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Green chilies – 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cardamom – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chili powder – ½ spoon
- Cumin powder – 1 spoon
- Coriander powder – 2 spoons
- Pepper powder – ½ spoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ spoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ spoon
- Oil and Salt – As required
- Curry leaves – 8-10
- Cut Onion,Tomatoes and Green chilies into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard, Cumin seeds, Bay leaf, Cinnamon, Cardamom and Cloves to the pan.
- Once it splutters add Onion, Green chilies and Curry leaves to the pan. Fry the Onions till it turns into golden brown in color.
- Add Turmeric powder and Ginger Garlic paste and fry for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add Tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
- Then add Chili powder, Coriander powder and Cumin powder. Fry for 3 to 5 mins.
- Finally add the Chicken, Pepper powder and Salt to the masala. Coat the Chicken with the masala and add very little water. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Once in a while, open the lid and make sure that the Chicken is not burnt. Even though you add very little water, you can find more curry in the pan now. That is the moisture extracted from Chicken.
- If you want the Chicken to be dry, once the Chicken is cooked open the lid and evaporate the moisture from the Chicken. Or else just leave the Chicken with the gravy. That is depends on your taste and the requirement.
Goes well with: Rice or Chapathi.