For Pizza base:
- All purpose flour – 4 cups
- Active dry Yeast – 1 ½ spoons
- Warm water – 1 ½ cups
- Sugar – 1/2 spoon
- Salt – 1/2 spoon
- Oil – as required (Olive oil is preferred)
- Tomato sauce – to spread over the pizza base
- Vegetables – As you like (Onion, Capsicum, Mushroom, Jalapenos..etc)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Take warm water in a bowl. Add Yeast, Salt, Sugar and 1/2 cup of flour to the warm water. Make sure that water is warm and not hot.
- Stir the mix and leave this in a warm place for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes the mix will look foamy and we can smell a distinct odor. This means that Yeast is active now and the active yeast can make the dough to raise.
- Take 3 cups of flour in a bowl. Add 3 to 4 teaspns oil to the flour. Now add the Yeast mix to the flour and start kneading till it is smooth. If it sticks while kneading dust with some flour.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover it with a clean towel. Leave this in warm place for 1 hour to raise.
- After 1 hour the dough will be raised. Now punch down the dough to remove all the air bubbles. To punch down, simply put your fist in the dough and push down on it.
- Knead the dough again for 1 to 2 minutes. Again place the dough in a bowl and cover with a towel, leave in a warm place for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit. After 1/2 hour take the dough and spread it in a pizza tray or in a non-stick dosa pan. Use rolling pin or hand to roll the pizza dough and use hands to stretch the dough. Now the pizza base is ready
- Spread the tomato sauce on top of the pizza base. After that spread vegetables and mozzarella cheese evenly.
- Place the pizza tray on the lower rack of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till the cheese is melted and it is light browned on the edges.
Remove from oven and serve with tomato sauce or ketchup.