- Plantain – 1
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Onion – 1/2
- Green Chili – 2
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut(grated) – 2 to 3 tspn
- Oil – 1 to 2 tspn
- Remove the skin of plantain using scrapper and cut them into small pieces. Chop Onion and Green chili into small pieces.
- Boil water in a pan. Add Plantain cubes and Salt to it, cook for 15 minutes or till they are tender. Don’t over cook them.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal, Once it splutters add Green chilies, Curry leaves and Onion. Saute till Onion turns golden brown.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder and Salt. Saute till the smell of masala goes.
- Add very little water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add cooked Plantain cubes and mix well.
- Finally add grated Coconut and saute till the water evaporates.
Goes well with: Plain rice and Curry