- Plantain – 1
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Onion – 1/4
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut – 1 or 2 tspn (grated)
- Coriander leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
- Oil – 2 to 3 tspn
- Boil water in a pan, add Plantain and cook for 20-25 minutes or till its skin becomes dark green. Plantain should not be over cooked.
- Finely chop Onion and Green chilies. Remove the skin and grate the cooked Plantain. Keep all this aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan, add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering add Curry leaves, Green chilies and Onion.
- Saute till Onion becomes light brown. Then add grated Plantain, Turmeric powder, Salt and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Finally add grated Coconut and Coriander leaves, saute it for a minute. Then remove from heat and serve.
Goes well with: Rice and curry