Ingredients:(for 2 people)
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Poondu – 10 – 12
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Masala powder – 1½ spoon
- Mustard and urad dal – ¾ tspn
- Grated coconut – 3 spn
- Fennel seeds – ½ tspn
- Salt – required
- Cook garlic in a pan and keep it aside.
- Take a pan, add 2 to 3 tspns of oil. Add mustard seeds and urad dal.
- After it gets spluttered, add curry leaves, onion and garlic.
- Fry onion and garlic for sometime. Then add tomatoes for some time till it becomes soft.
- Then add turmeric powder, masala powder and the required salt.
- Fry for some time. Let the raw smell go. Then add the required water(Use the water you used to cook garlic).
- Cook the curry for some time till it becomes thick. In the mean time grind coconut and Fennel seeds with water. Squeeze the coconut milk into the curry. Let it cook for few minutes.
Serve with hot rice.