Ingredients:(Serves 3-4 people)
- Potato – 2 (small sized)
- Cauliflower – 3/4 of medium size flower
- Onion – 1
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander powder – 2 tspns
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – few (optional)
- Cut Potato into small cubes. Cut cauliflower into small florets and clean this in hot water. Slice onion length-wise. Keep all this aside.
- Cook Potato cubes with little salt till they are tender. Don’t over cook them.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Cumin seeds. Once the seeds splutters, add Onion and Curry leaves, fry till it turns into golden brown.
- Add Cauliflower florets and fry till it turns into light brown.
- Add Coriander powder and Chili powder, fry till the smell of masala goes off.
- Add very little water and Salt to it. Cover and cook the cauliflower florets.
- Once the cauliflower florets are almost cooked, add cooked Potato cubes and mix with the masala, stir this for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves if you like.
Goes well with: Rice, Chapathi