- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Water – to knead
- Ghee or Oil – to spread on top of pulka
- Mix Wheat flour and Salt in Vessel. Add enough water, knead and make a soft and non-sticky dough.
- Coat the dough with 1/4 tspn of Oil. Cover the dough for 30 minutes. After that make Pulkas.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls. Then roll them into flat and round. The thickness should not be too thick or too thin. If the dough sticks while rolling, dust it with flour.
- Heat a tawa. Place the pulka on it. Once the bubbles starts to appear, turn the pulka to the other side.
- After 30 seconds, turn the heat to maximum. Take the pulka from the tawa and place it directly on the flame.
- Once it puff up like poori, turn to the other side and take it off after 5 to 10 seconds. Use tongs to flip and remove pulka.
- Spread Ghee or Oil on top when its hot. You can stack it or serve immediately.