- Ragi flour (Finger millet flour) – one 8 oz cup
- Onion – ½
- Green chili – 2 to 3
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs
- Salt – to taste
- Water – ½ to ¾ cup
- Oil – to pour on the sides and tops of the rotti
- Finely chop Onion, Green chili, Garlic and Coriander leaves.
- Make a thick Ragi batter by adding water to the Ragi flour in a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients(Onion, Green chili, Garlic, Cumin seeds, Curry leaves, Coriander leaves and Salt) to the batter.
- Heat dosa pan. Season the dosa pan with little oil.
- Once the pan in hot enough, take a small amount of batter in your palm and pat them slowly and flatten them to make round shaped rottis. If it is difficult for you, place a handful of batter on dosa pan and spread it into round shape or any shape you like. Be careful while you spread the batter on the pan. Reduce heat if necessary.
- Leave oil around edges of the rotti. Once it is cooked on the down side and flip it to the other side. Cook well on both sides.
Goes well with: Chutney