Deepavali Diwali special recipes
- Milk – 4 cups
- Lime – 1/2
- Water – 3 cups
- Cardamom – 1 (crushed)
- Sugar – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Heat milk in a pan. Stir it once in a while to avoid burning the bottom.
- Once the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium and add lime juice to it, then milk starts to curdle.
- After 3 to 4 minutes Paneer is completely separated from milk. Remove this from heat and add some cold water to it.
- Strain the Paneer using a nice muslin cloth. Hang the muslin cloth for 1 hour to drain the water from paneer.
- After that Squeeze the muslin cloth to remove the extra moisture completely.Now remove the paneer from cloth and knead it for 5 minutes.
- Make equal sized small balls from the paneer and keep aside. Now the Paneer balls are ready.
- Heat Water, Sugar and Cardamom together in a pan. Once it starts boiling, add the paneer balls to it, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.
- You can cook these paneer balls in pressure cooker too. After cooking, the size of the balls will be increased from its original size.
- Rasgullas are ready now. Serve chilled.