- Rava – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Green chillies – 3 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6
- Carrot – 1 (grated)
- Coconut – 2 tbsp (grated)
- Curd – 1 cup (well beaten)
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Channa dal, Green chillies, Curry leaves & Ginger, fry till it turns light brown.
- Immediately add Rava on medium heat, stir fry the rava constantly for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and let this cool.
- Add grated Carrot, Coriander leaves, Coconut, Curd, Water & Salt, mix well. Let this sit for 30 mins.
- Grease idly plates, place roasted cashews on each of greased mold & pour the batter in it.
- Steam cook on medium heat for 15 mins or as usual cooking for idlies.
Goes well with: chutney