- Rava – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 to 1 cup (adjust to your taste)
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a bowl. Add water and make batter without any lumps. The consistency of the batter should be litter thinner than the idli batter.
- Let this batter rest for 1 hour. After that start making paniyarams.
- Heat paniyaram pan. Once its hot enough, leave little oil in each impression.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in each impression. Once it is cooked, turn it to the other side to cook.
- Remove from pan once the both sides are golden brown and cooked.