- Red chili- 8
- Small onion- 10
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Urad dal- 2 tspns
- Grated coconut- 2 spoons
- Tamarind- a pinch
- Salt and Oil- as required
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seeds- 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Just peel the Small onion. Don’t cut into slices.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Urad dal and fry till it becomes light brown.
- Then add Red chili, Curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds.
- Finally add Small onion and fry till it turns into light brown in color.
- Grind the fried items with grated Coconut, Tamarind and Salt.
- For tampering: Heat a tsp of Oil in a small pan. Add Mustard seeds and Cumin seeds, once it starts spluttering add Curry leaves. Then remove from heat and pour this mix to the chutney .