- Rice – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 3/4 cup
- Split Green gram dal – 1/4 cup
- Dry ginger – a small piece
- Jaggery or Palm sugar – 1/2 tspn
- Ghee – 1 tspn
- Roast Rice, Urad dal, Greengram dal and Dry ginger separately till golden brown in low flame.
- Once the ingredients cool, grind them into fine powder.
- Sift the powder and store it in a airtight container.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water and Jaggery in a pan. Strain the impurities from the jaggery once it gets melted in the water.
- Dissolve 1 tbspn of rice dal powder in water without any lumps.
- Heat the Jaggery water in a pan. Once it starts boiling, add the dissolved rice dal powder and start stirring.
- Stir till the mix gets cooked and the desired consistency your baby accepts. Add ghee and feed.