- Rice (cooked) – 2 cups (approx)
- Chili powder – 1/2 to 1 tspn
- Hing – 3 to 4 pinches
- Garlic – 2 to 3 cloves
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Grind all the ingredients in a blender by adding enough water. The consistency of the batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- Drop a spoon of batter in a clean wet cloth. Leave some space between each vadagam.
- Let it dry completely under sun for 1 or 2 days.
- Then remove and store it in an air-tight container.
- Deep fry the dried vadagam in hot oil and serve.
Goes well with: Rice