Deepavali Diwali special recipes
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Gram flour (Besan) – 1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Chili powder – 1 tspn (Adjust to your taste)
- Sesame seeds – 3/4 tspn (optional)
- Hot oil or Butter – 1 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Oil – to deep fry
- Mix Rice flour, Gram flour, Ginger garlic paste, Chili powder, 1 tspn of hot Oil and Salt in a bowl. Add water to these ingredients and knead into a soft dough.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Take a small portion of the dough, place it into the Murukku mold (shown in picture) and close it.
- Once the oil is hot enough, squeeze the murukku mold over the hot oil. Do not over crowd the pan.
- You can see the bubbles of oil immediately. Once these bubbles are almost stopped, remove the ribbon pakodas from oil and drain them on paper towels. Let them cool and store in an airtight container.