- Yam(Senai kilangu) – ½ Kg
- Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
- Sauf – ½ tspn
- Garlic – 6
- Chili powder – 2 to 3 tspn
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- Onions – 2
- Curry leaves – Few
- Salt and Oil – As required
- Remove the skin of yam and wash it.
- Cut Yam and Onion in to pieces.
- Fine grind the Yam pieces, Cumin seeds, Sauf, Garlic, Chili powder and Salt. Finally add Curry leaves and Onions. Grind it for a second. Onions should not be ground finely.
- Transfer this ground mix to a bowl. Finally add Gram flour to prepare the thick mix.
- Heat Oil in a pan to fry. Make the balls from the mix and deep fry till it becomes golden brown in color.