- Shrimp – 1 lb (454 g)
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Onion – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 3 tbspn (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 5 cloves (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Chili powder – 2 tspn (Adjust with your spice level)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Lemon juice – 1 ½ tspn
- Oil – 3 tbspn
- Coriander leaves – For garnishing
- Heat Oil in a deep pan,add Mustard seeds & let them splutter.
- Add chopped Garlic, Ginger and fry until golden brown.
- Add Onion and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add Tomatoes and fry till they are soft.
- Add Turmeric, Chili powder, Salt, Shrimp and fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add Water, then cover and cook for 5 to 7 min.
- Add Lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Goes well with: White rice and rotis.