- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
- Onion – 1½
- Green Chili – 2 to 3
- Tomato – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Chili powder – 1/2 tspn
- Salt -to taste
- Oil – 1 or 2 tspn
- Coriander leaves – few (optional)
- Chop Onion,Green chili and Tomato into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds and Urad dal. Once it starts spluttering, add Curry leaves, Green Chili and Onion. Fry till they are golden brown.
- Add Tomatoes and fry till they become soft.
- Add Turmeric powder, Chili powder and Salt. Fry till the raw smell of masala goes.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water and bring the curry to boil once. Then reduce the heat to medium, Cover and Cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with Coriander leaves.
Goes well with: Chapathi, Rice, Idly