- Tamarind – Gooseberry size
- Tomato – 1
- Hing – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Rasam powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves (crushed)
- Coriander leaves – 3 sprigs
- Oil – to tamper
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Soak the tamarind in a vessel with little water for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, Hing, Turmeric powder, Rasam powder and Salt to it.
- Squeeze the tamarind and tomatoes nicely along with the other ingredients.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of water, crushed garlic(no need to remove the skin of garlic), Coriander leaves and 2 to 3 drops of oil to it.
- Heat this in medium heat. Don’t let the rasam to get boiled. Remove from heat just before the rasam starts boiling.
- Finally tamper it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
Goes well with: hot white rice.