Susiyam / Sooyam / Boorelu
- Idli/Dosa Batter – 2 to 3 cups (to dip the balls)
- Chana dal(kadalai paruppu) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 5 to 7 spoons
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 cup(to deep fry)
- Fry Chana dal without oil.
- Half cook the fried Chana dal. Let it cool off.
- Squeeze out the water from the cooked Chana dal and semi grind the Chana dal with Sugar. Don’t add water while grinding.
- Make small balls out of the semi ground Chana dal.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot enough, dip the Chana dal balls into the Idly/Dosa batter and deep fry till it turns into golden brown color.