- Spinach or any greens – 250 grams
- Garlic – 2 cloves(crushed)
- Green chili – 2
- Tamarind – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds and Urad dal – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat little oil in a pan. Add Green chilies, crushed Garlic and fry a minute.
- Add clean and washed Spinach to the pan and fry till the amount of spinach reduced considerably.
- Let the spinach cook in its own moisture. No need to add water. Cover and cook for 7 to 10 minutes.Then remove from heat.
- Once it cools off, grind it coarsely with a pinch of tamarind in blender.
- Finally tamper it with Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, Urad dal and Curry leaves.
Goes well with: White rice