- Ragi – 1/2 kg
- Wash and soak the Ragi for 12 hours or overnight.
- Then strain the water, tie the soaked ragi in a moist cloth and hang to sprout.
- Once it is sprouted, dry in shade.
- Once it is dried, roast the ragi in a pan till it pops. Do this in a low flame.
- Once the roasted ragi cools, grind it into fine powder. Sift the powder and store it in a airtight container.
- Dissolve 1 tbpsn of ragi powder in water without any lumps.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water and salt in a pan.
- Once the water starts boiling, add the dissolved in ragi mix and start stirring in a low flame.
- Stir till ragi gets cooked.
- Instead of salt, you can add jaggery too.