- Idli rice – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 2 tspn
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Jaggery(vellam) – 1/2 to 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Soak Idli rice, Urad dal and Fenugreek seeds for 5 hours.
- Then grind the soaked ingredients with the grated jaggery and make a nice batter. The consistency of the batter should be thick like idli batter. Let this batter sit for 1 hour. After that start making paniyarams.
- Heat paniyaram pan. Once its hot enough, leave little oil in each impression.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in each impression. After 5 minutes turn it to the other side carefully using a spoon.
- Remove from pan once the both sides are golden brown or cooked.