- Tamarind – big lemon size
- Dates – 10 (deseeded)
- Jaggery – 1 tbspn or (to your taste)
- Chili powder – 1/4 tspn
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Soak Tamarind in water for 20 to 30 minutes. Then extract about 1 or 2 cups of tamarind juice from it.
- Boil Dates, Tamarind juice, Jaggery and Salt together in a pan for 5 to 10 minutes or till the Dates are soft.
- Once the mix cools, grind it in blender.
- Add Chili powder, Cumin powder to the mix and boil this once again. Remove from heat.
Goes well with: All chat items.